Over the Rainbow: Death and Dying (RAIN)
This 1-day course is a NEW 'Guest' Course written and presented by Bridget Purser. Bridget is an experienced Complementary Therapies practitioner with 20 years experience of working in palliative care. She started as a volunteer at a local hospice and now runs the Complementary Therapies department and its team of 16 therapists. As well as having a teaching role at the hospice and other health organisations, she has taught for a number of years at local colleges - including the Aromatherapy module on a Foundation Degree.
This course is aimed at trained therapists, professional health workers or anyone with an interest in this field.
It is recommended that if anyone has suffered a recent bereavement, they contact the tutor prior to enrolling on this course as it may not be suitable for you at this time.
Surrey: 3 November 2017 (£120)
Studies commence at 10.00 a.m. and finish at 5.00 p.m.
During the Course we will explore:
- Supporting the therapist journeying with people at this stage of their life
- Gaining an understanding of the individual's experience of death and dying
- How complementary therapies may aid in this transition
- Different belief structures
- How to answer difficult questions
- Helping a therapist become more confident and empathic in working with people at this emotional time: at home, in hospital or hospice
The course will look in depth at essential oils used at this time and with differing symptoms and also at healing and students will also learn some practical techniques.
Theory and practical:
- Gaining an understanding of students experience/understanding of death and dying
- Looking at different belief structures
- Understanding the difference and diversity in attitudes and responses to death, dying and bereavement and the ethical nature of end of life decisions
- The role of Hospice and end of life care
- Ways of coping with grief, loss and bereavement
- How Complementary Therapies can support both patient and carer through their journey
- Facing difficult questions and situations
- Practical applications of essential oils
- Healing touch
This is a great opportunity to attend a Course with someone with such a wealth of experience and we would recommend that you book your place early as we anticipate that it will be a popular Course.
Course Certificates are awarded to completing Students.
Many Associations accept our courses for CPD including the IFPA (6 Category A Points).
You may also be interested in the following course: